来源：湖北成考网 www.hbckw.com 【湖北成考网：湖北成人高考第一门户】
Part IDialogue Communication ( 15 % )
Directions: In this section, you will read 15 short incomplete dialogues between two speakers, each fol-lowed by 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the answer that best suits the situation to complete the dialogue by marking the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
1. Mary: Your little boy has done a good job at school.
A. Yes, you are very kind.
B. No, you are too polite.
C. Thanks, but you are exaggerating.
D. Yes, I' m proud of him.
2. W : What is all this glass doing on the floor?
A. Look at the window and you' 11 see.
B. I' ll clean it.
C. I' 11 call the repair man.
D. Can' t you find out?
3. W: I' m taking the train downtown to go shopping.
A. Well, you' d better keep an eye on your wallet.
B. Why don' t you stay at home and watch your baby?
C. By the way, what about your plan to visit your parents?
D. Take the train? You're a fool.
4. Client: Hello. May I speak to Mr. Turner?
A. I' m sorry. He' s at a meeting now.
B. I am. Speak, please.
C. Hello. Who' re you, please?
D. Hello. Thank you for calling.
5. Speaker A: You are washing your car even on vacation. It makes me feel guilty.
A. Though I' m washing my car on vacation, I was still criticized by my wife being lazy.
B. Never mind. Everyone does.
C. You shouldn' t. It' s just that I have nothing better to do at the moment.
D. Well, I' m afraid I can' t do better than this.
6. Jack: Hey, how are you, Susie? We haven't seen each other for...it must be close to three years.
A. How do you do?
B. Nice to meet you.
C. Fancy meeting you here.
D. Well. How have you been?
7. Speaker A: Can you come down a little for this watch?
Speaker B :__________
A. Yes, we would like to do so.
B. Sorry, but we go strictly by the price tag.
C. No, but you may try again.
D. Sure. We' 11 come to the first floor as soon as possible.
8. Kate: Do you mind opening the door for me?
A. Yes, I' 11 do it.
B. It' s nothing.
C. That' s all right.
D. Not at all.
9. Desk Clerk: Good afternoon, Holiday Inn.
Customer: Hello, I' d like to book a double room for the nights of 23rd and 24th please.
A. What' s the matter?
B. What can I do for you ?
C. Just a minute, please.
D. Can I help you?
10. Speaker A: Would you care for another helping(还要再吃点东西吗) ?
Speaker B :__________
A. I have helped enough.
B. No more help is needed.
C. No, thanks, I' m quite full.
D. Please pass me the helping.
11.--How' s your brother these days?
--He hasn' t been very well just recently.
--__________. What' s the matter?
--I think he' s been overworking.
A. I' 11 be pleased to hear you ask after him
B. I' m sorry to hear that
C. That' s not too bad
D. I' 11 tell him what you said
12. Speaker A: I' m not at all satisfied with the service.
Speaker B :__________
A. Nobody has complained like that before.
B. I sincerely apologize for that.
C. I wonder why you are satisfied with it.
D. It' s not our fault as there are too many customers.
Local resident: Sure. It' s on Ehn Street: between Eleventh and Twelfth Avenue.
Passer-by: Thank you.
A. Help please. Could you tell me where the post office is?
B. Sorry, where is the post office, please?
C. Trouble you. Could you please tell me where the post office is?
D. Excuse me. Do you know where the post office is?
14. Speaker A : That' s very kind of you to do so.
Speaker B :__________
A. That' s all right, I' m pleased to meet you.
B. As you are our important guest.
C. I' m pleased to be at your service.
D. It' s no trouble at all.
15. Wilson: Hello. May I speak to Peter?
A. Sorry, the number is engaged. Will you hold?
B. Yes, speaking.
C. Hello. Who' re you please?
D. Hello. Thank you for calling.
Part IReading Comprehension ( 30 % )(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：29838818)
Directions : There are 3 passages in this part. Each passage is followed by some questions or unfin-ished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A, B, C and D.You should de-cide on the best choice and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Questions 1 to 5 are based on the following passage:
In sport the sexes are separate. (76) Women and men do not run or swim in the same races.Women are less strong than men. That at least is what people say. Women are called" the weaker sex" ,or, if men want to please them, "the fair sex". But boys and girls are taught together at schools and universities. There are women who are famous Prime Ministers, scientists and writers.
And women live longer than men. A European woman can expect to live until the age of 74, a man only until he is 68. Are women' s bodies really weaker?
The fastest men can run a mile in 4 minutes. The best women need 4.5 minutes. Women' s speeds are always slower than men' s, but some facts are surprising. Some of the fastest women swimmers today are teenage girls. One of them swam 400 metres in 4 minutes 21.2 seconds when she was only 16. The first" Tarzan" in films was an Olympic swimmer, Johnny Weissmuller. His fastest 400 metres was 4 minutes 59.1 seconds, which is 37.9 seconds slower than a girl50 years later !This does not mean that women are catching men up. Conditions are very different now, and sport is much more serious. It is so serious that some women athletes are given hormone(荷尔蒙)injections. At the Olympics a doctor has to check whether the women athletes are really women or not. It seems sad that sport has such problem. Life can be very complicated when there are two separate sexes !
1. Women are called "the weaker sex" because__________.
A. women do as much work as men
B. people think women are weaker than men
C. sport is easier for men than for women
D. in sport the two sexes are always together
2. Which of the following is true?
A. Boys and girls study separately everywhere.
B. Women do not run or swim in races with men.
C. Famous Prime Ministers are women.
D. Men can expect to live longer than women in Europe.
3. "That at least is what people say. " means people__________.
A. say other things too
B. don' t say this much
C. say this but may not think so
D. only think this
4. What problems does sport have?
A. Some women athletes are actually men.
B. Some women athletes are given hormone injections.
C. Women and men do not mn or swim in the same races.
D. It is difficult to check whether women athletes are really women.
5. In this passage the author implies that__________ .
A. women are weaker than men, but faster
B. women are slower than men, but stronger
C. men are not always stronger and faster than women
D. men are faster and stronger than women
Passage 2(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：29838818)
Questions 6 to 10 are based on the following passage:
(77) What do we mean by a satisfactory standard of living? Obviously, it must include the basic necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter. To get these necessities on regular basis,a person must have a reliable income. But we have other needs which would probably also be in-cluded as basic, such as health and education facilities.
We may think of all of these as our needs. Yet most of us would be far from satisfied if we had nothing more than these which are supplied for us. (78) We all enjoy extra income to spend on things like books, sports or hobbies. Sometimes we save some of this extra income to pay for future expense of this type on holidays. So we must add our wants to our basic needs. Our standard of liv-ing is the degree, to which these needs and wants are satisfied.
But as time goes on, what we think of as our basic needs changes. Twenty years ago a televi-sion would have been a luxury, and still is in many countries now. Even now we cannot say it is a need in the same sense as food, clothing and shelter. Yet if most of the people of a country have one, it comes to be accepted as a need. It is possible therefore to have food, clothing and shelter and still be poor by the standards of our own society.
6. What we need in life is divided into__________ according to this article.
A. the basic necessities and luxury
B. many kinds of need such as food, clothing and houses
C. four groups the basic necessities, luxury, reliable income and future expense
D. the basic necessities and reliable income
7. A person who gets the basic necessities must __________according to the writer.
A. have a reliable income
B. learn how to please his manager
C. finish his work ahead the time
D. get a good education
8. We all enjoy__________.
A. having only reliable income
B. having reliable income and extra income
C. having nothing more than food and clothing
D. having nothing more than reliable income
9. With time going on,__________.
A. a luxury may change into a need which most people want to get
B. the basic needs are getting smaller and smaller
C. a luxury and the basic needs can be exchanged
D. the basic needs can be changed into a luxury
10. If most of the people of a country have a television, we__________.
A. can say the television is a need in the same sense as food and clothing and shelter
B. can say the television must be in the basic necessities
C. cannot say the television is in the basic necessities
D. can say every family must have one
Passage 3(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：29838818)
Questions 11 to 15 are based on the following passage:
Increasingly, over the past ten years, people--especially young people--have become aware of the need to change their eating habits, because much of the food they eat, particularly processed food, is not good for the health. Consequently, there has been a growing interest in natural foods.
Foods which do not contain chemical additives (添加剂) and which have not been affected by chemical fertilizers, widely used in farming today.
(79) Natural foods, for example, are vegetables, fruit and grain which have been grown in soil that is rich in organic ( 有机的 ) matter. In simple terms, this means that the soil has been nourished by unused vegetable matter, which provides it with essential vitamins and minerals. This in itself is a natural process compared with the use of chemicals and fertilizers, the main purpose of which is to increase the amount--but not the quality--of foods grown in commercial farming areas.
Natural foods also include animals which have been allowed to feed and move freely in healthy pastures(牧场). Compare this with what happens in the mass production of poultry: there are farms, for example, where thousands of chickens live crowded together in one building and are fed on food which is little better than rubbish. Chickens kept in this way are not only tasteless as food, they also lay eggs which lack important vitamins.
There are other aspects of healthy eating which are now receiving increasing attention from ex-perts on diet. Take, for example, the question of sugar. This is actually a non-essential food! Al-though a natural alternative, such as honey, can be used to sweeten food if it is necessary, we can in fact do without it. It is not that sugar is harmful in itself. But it does seem to be addictive: the quantity we use has grown steadily over the last two centuries and in Britain today each person con-sumes an average of 200 pounds a year! Yet all it does is to provide us with energy, in the form of calories. There are no vitamins in it, no minerals and no fiber.
(80) It is significant that nowadays fiber is considered to be an important part of a healthy di-et. In white bread, for example, the fiber has been removed. But it is present in unrefined flour and of course in vegetables. It is interesting to note that in countries where the national diet con-tains large quantities of unrefined flour and vegetables, certain diseases are comparatively rare.
Hence the emphasis is placed on the eating of whole meal bread and more vegetables by modern ex-perts on "healthy eating".
11. People have become more interested in natural foods because__________.
A. they are more health conscious
B. they want to taste all kinds of foods
C. natural foods are more delicious than processed foods
D. they want to return to nature
12. Soil that is rich in organic matters__________.
A. has had chemicals and fertilizers added to it
B. contains vegetable matter that has not been consumed
C. has been nourished by fertilizers
D. already contains large quantities of vitamins and minerals
13. Chickens raised in poultry farms are all of the following EXCEPT that__________.
A. they are fed on food which is little better than garbage
B. they live in very crowded condition
C. the eggs they lay lack vitamins
D. they are allowed to move about and eat freely
14. According to the passage,__________.
A. people need sugar to give them energy
B. sugar is bad for the health
C. the use of sugar is habit forming
D. sugar only sweetens food, but provides us with nothing useful
15. The best title for this passage is__________.
A. People' s Growing Interest in Natural Foods
B. Natural Foods and Healthy Diet
C. Harmful Effects of Sugar
D. The Importance of Fiber in Foods
Part ⅡVocabulary and Structure (30 % )
Directions: In this part there are 30 incomplete sentences.For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE answerr that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corre-sponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
16. According to the American federal government, residents of Hawaii have the longest life__________.
17. A season ticket __________the holder to make as many journeys as he wished within the stated period of time.
18. Fruit is rich __________vitamins.
19. Purchasing the new production line will he a __________deal for the company.
20. We hadn' t met for 20 years, but I recognized her __________I saw her.
A. for the moment
B. the moment when
C. at the moment when
D. the moment
21. Fifty years ago, wealthy people liked hunting wild animals for fun __________sightseeing.
A. than to go
B. rather than to go
C. more than going
D. other than going
22. The Prime Minister refused to comment on the rumor that he had planned to__________.
23. She __________the temptation to buy a coat she could not afford.
24. I feel sure that__________ qualification, ability and experience, you are abundantly suited to the position we have in mind.
A. in case of
B. in terms of
C. in the opinion of
D. in the course of
25. Paper making in China__________ from there to North Africa and Europe.
26. They spent all their spare time __________their spare money, on their experiments.
A. as much as
B. as well as
C. as long as
D. as soon as
27. The story was said to have been based on the information from a reliable__________.
28. It seems very difficult__________.
A. to stop the child to cry
B. restraining the child to cry
C. to stop the child flora crying
D. holding the child' s crying
29. The purpose of this test is to measure students'__________to learn instead of their present achievements.
30. The birth rate in a city__________ to fall as its gross domestic product (GDP) rises steadily,
31. He said there was nothing to be__________.
B. ashamed in
C. ashamed of
D. ashamed at
32. Sometimes children have trouble __________fact from fiction and may believe that such things actually exist.
A. to separate
C. for separating
D. of separating
33. Many a delegate was in favor of his proposal that a special committee __________to investigate the incident.
A. were set up
B. was set up
C. be set up
D. set up
34. Eye contact is important because wrong contact may create a communication__________.
35. There is noto the house from the main road.
36. The __________ stuck on the envelope says "By Air".
37. My brother' s plans are very __________; he wants to master English, French and Spanish before he is sixteen.
38. Stressful environments lead to unhealthy such as poor eating habits, which __________increase the risk of heart disease.
A. in turn
B. in return
C. by chance
D. by turns
39. There was a good__________ of the countryside from the front of the bus.
40. This album is__________ as it was the only one ever signed by the President.
41. The book seems to have been, __________ from various books and articles.
A. pieced together
B. taken off
C. broken away
D. pulled out
42. You should have been more patient__________ that customer;I' m sure that selling him the watch was a possibility.
43. As early as 1647 Ohio made a decision that free, tax-supported schools must be established in every town__________ 50 households or more.
B. to have
C. to have had
D. having had
44. We love peace, yet we are not the kind of people to yield __________any military threat.
45. If tap water were as dangerous as some people think, __________would be getting sick.
A. a lot of more us
B. more a lot of us
C. a lot of us more
D. a lot more of us
Part 1IIIdentification ( 10 % )
Directions: Each of the following sentences has four underlined parts marked A, B, C and D. Identify the one that is not correct. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Part ⅣCloze (10 % )(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：29838818)
Directions: There are 20 blanks in the following passage, and for each blank there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D at the end of the passage. You should choose ONE answer that best fits into the passage. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
It was a beautiful summer day and I was taking a walk in the downtown area of Madrid.
When I turned a street56I heard the voice of a lovely Spanish singer57from a nearby care. The music58me, so I went to the cafe to hear it59.
I sat down at a table near the door. The waiter came over, and I60a glass of wine. While61my wine, I listened to the soft music. The62was a young lady, a little too fat, but63pretty. A black young man was playing the piano.
The waiter returned64the glass of wine and put it on the65 I started drinking the wine slowly and66the other people in the care. They were all men67women seldom go into the cafes in Spain.
There were three men68at a table near mine. I could69by their accents that one of them was an American, one an Englishman and the third man a70. The waiter served each of the three men a glass of beer. By chance, each glass had a71in it. The American picked up his glass, noticed the fly and poured the beer and the fly was thrown onto the floor. The English-man looked into his glass, noticed the fly and72 a spoon, with which he took the fly out of the beer, and drank the73of it.
The stranger noticed the fly in the beer,74 He picked it up with his fingers, squeezed it carefully in order to save every drop of beer, then drank the beer75.
56. A. shop
57. A. going
58. A. attracted
59. A. all right
60. A. asked
61. A. waiting
B. waiting for
C. staying for
D. waited for
62. A. waiter
63. A. quiet
B. too much
64. A. and
65. A. piano
66. A. watching
C. looking for
67. A. once
68. A. sat
69. A. judge
70. A. singer
71. A. worm
72. A. reached for
73. A. other
74. A. also
75. A. sadly
Part VTranslation (20 % )
Section A(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：29838818)
Directions : In this part there are 5 sentences which you should translate into Chinese. These sentences are all taken from the 3 passages you have just read in the part of Reading Comprehension. You can re-fer back to the passages so to identify their meanings in the context.
76. Women and men do not run or swim in the same races. Women are less strong than men.( Passage 1 )
77. What do we mean by a satisfactory standard of living? Obviously, it must include the basic ne- cessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter. (Passage 2)
78. We all enjoy extra income to spend on things like books, sports or hobbies. (Passage 2)
79. Natural foods, for example, are vegetables, fruit and grain which have been grown in soil that is rich in organic ( 有机的 ) matter. ( Passage 3 )
80. It is significant that nowadays fiber is considered to be an important part of a healthy diet.( Passage 3 )
Directions: In this part there are 5 sentences in Chinese. You should translate them into English. Be sure to write clearly.
Part VWriting (15%)
Directions :, For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic "The Life on Internet".You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the outline given in Chinese below :
Part I Dialogue Communication
Part IReading Comprehension
1．B事实细节题。根据文章第一段前四句，因为人们认为女性不如男性强壮，才将女性称为“the weaker sex”，所以选B。其他选项文章都未提到。
Part ⅡVocabulary and Structure
18．B be rich in是固定搭配，“富含…”。句意为：水果富含维生素。
20．D本题考查连词的用法。the moment…“一…就…”。the moment相当于一个连词的用法，所以不用再加任何词就可以引导句子。句意为：我们20年没见了，但我一见到她就认出了她。
21．C本题考查并列结构的用法。本题中进行比较的是like的两个宾语，一个是hunting wildanimals，另一个是going sightseeing。more than…“比…多”；rather than“而不是”；0therthan“除了，不同于”。句意为：50年前，有钱人喜欢打猎的程度胜过旅游观光。
24．B本题考查介词短语辨析。in terms of“就…而言”；in case of“以防”；in the opinion of“在某人看来”；in the course of“在…过程中”。句意为：我确信就资格、能力和经验而言，你非常适合我们心目中的这个职位。
26．B本题考查连词词组辨析。as well as“也，和，连同”；as much as“和…一样多”；as longas“只要，和…一样长”；as soon as“一…就…”。句意为：他们把所有的业余时间，连同所有额外的钱都花在实验上。
28．C本题考查句型结构和stop的用法。It is／seems difficult to do sth．常用句型，表示“做…是困难的”。stop sb．from doing sth．“阻止某人做某事”。句意为：要阻止这个孩子哭看来是困难的。
31．C本题考查介词搭配。be ashamed of“为…感到羞耻”，固定搭配。句意为：他说没有让他耻辱的事。
32．B本题考查固定搭配。have trouble(in)doing sth．“做某事有困难”。句意为：有时孩子们在分清故事和现实方面会有困难，相信故事中的事确实存在。
35．A本题考查名词辨析。access“进入，通道”，经常和to搭配，表示到…的通路，there is no access to…“没有通向…的路”；avenue“林荫路，道路，(通往乡村住宅两旁栽树的)小路”；exposure“暴露，揭露，暴光”；edge“边缘”。句意为：从主路没有通向那所房子的路。
38．A本题考查介词短语辨析。in tum“依次，轮流，反过来”；in retum“作为报答”；by chance“偶然，意外地”；by turns“轮流，交替”。句意为：压力大的环境导致不健康的饮食习惯，而不健康的饮食习惯又增加了犯心脏病的危险。
39．B本题考查名词辨析。view“观察，观看”，如get a good view of“可以很好地观看…”；sight“视力，视觉”；scene“现场，场面，情景”；scenery“风景，景色”。句意为：从汽车前面可以很好地看到乡村景色。
40．B本题考查形容词辨析。unique“惟一的，独一无二的”；unusual“与众不同的，不寻常的”；rare“稀有的”；special“特殊的，专门的”。从下半句中的“the only one”可推断出应选unique。句意为：这本相册是独一无二的，因为这是惟一一本有总统的签名。
41．A本题考查动词短语辨析。piece together“拼凑”；take off“从…上取下…，脱掉，起飞”；break away“突然离开，脱离，放弃”；pull out“拔出，离开，度过难关，恢复健康”。句意为：这本书好像是由几本不同的书和文章拼凑到一起的。
42．B本题考查介词搭配。be patient with“对…有耐心”。句意为：你应该对那位顾客态度好一点才对，他本可能会买那块表的。
43．A本题考查非谓语动词的用法。现在分词短语having 50 households or more做town的定语，因为town和have之间是主动关系。不定式做定语在时间上一般表示将来，所以不能选不定式。句意为：早在1647年，俄亥俄州就做出决定，每个拥有50或50个以上家庭的城镇都应该建立免费的公立学校。
45．D本题考查比较级的用法。a lot more of US(我们当中更多得多的人)，a lot在该结构中是程度副词。句意为：如果自来水真的像有些人想得那样危险，那么我们当中就会有更多的人生病。
46．B短语搭配错误，应改为(in)lookin9。spend time(in)doing sth．“花费时间做某事”。
47．C虚拟语气用法错误，应改为(should)make。It’S essential that…“…是重要的”。在该句型中应使用虚拟语气，其构成是(should)+动词原形，should可省。
49．A短语用法错误，应改为thinking。can’t help doin9“情不自禁做某事”，固定搭配。
50．B倒装用法错误，应改为is it。by no means(决不)等否定词或词组放在句首，句子应用部分倒装。
51．D名词用法错误，应改为times。times“时代”；in modem times“在当代”。
52．B虚拟语气用法错误，应改为would come。从if he were able可知该句用了虚拟，所以主句应用would do的形式。
53．C固定搭配错误，应改为livin9。be used to sth．／doing sth．“习惯于做某事”。
56．C四个名词中，能和动词tum搭配的只有comer(角落)这个词。tum a street comer“拐弯”；sidewalk“人行道”。
61．B wait for“等待”固定搭配。本句中使用现在分词短语waiting for做伴随状语。
63.D quite pretty“非常漂亮”；too much“太多的”用来修饰不可数名词；little“几乎没有”修饰不可数名词。
66．A watch表示“观看”。该句话的意思是我一边喝酒一边看这咖啡馆里的其他人。watch指带有观赏性质的看；see强调看的结果，表示“看到”；look for表示“寻找”；notice表示“注意到”。
72．A reach for“伸手去拿”；reach“到达”。
73．D the rest of“剩余的…”。意思是他看到苍蝇，把苍蝇拿了出来，然后把剩下的喝完了。other“另外的”，一般不和of搭配。remain(n．)表示“剩余”时往往用复数。
Part V Translation
81. She was injured badly in an accident during the work.
82. Prof. Wang, would you do us a favor by coming to our English evening party this Saturday?
83. Women have been struggling for equal rights since the end of last century.
84. It is true that success lies in diligence.
85. She had to hold her breath in order not to be discovered.
The Life on Internet
21st century is a century of Internet. With the development of science and technology, more and more people, old and young, begin to "surf the net" to look for information or to entertain themselves with on-line games.
Internet is a colorful world. Here you can look for whatever information you want; you can browse the latest news at home and abroad; you can chat with friends, do your shopping, watch movies, play games, send e-mails and so on. You can do almost everything in this variable world.
In the 21st century, people have been and will be more accustomed to Internet. Internet makes the world smaller, and with it the whole world seems to be just a click away. It is part of our life.