来源：湖北成考网 www.hbckw.com 【湖北成考网：湖北成人高考】
Part IDialogue Communication ( 15 % )
Directions: In this section, you will read 15 short incomplete dialogues between two speakers, each fol- lowed by 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the answer that best suits the situation to complete the dialogue by marl~ing the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet witt~ a single line through the center.
1. Speaker A: What a surprise[ You changed your hair style.
Speaker B : Yes, and another surprise, I' m going to get married next Saturday.
A. Oh, sorry, I nearly forgot that.
B. Really? Congratulations!
C. How about another time? I' 11 be busy then.
D. That' s OK. Saturday is the most suitable day for any marriage.
2. W: What did you think of the movie?
A. Sorry, I didn' t have time to go to the movies.
B. The movie was made in India.
C. The ticket of the movie was inexpensive. D. It was worth neither the time nor the money.
3. Speaker A: Could you give me some advice on how to prepare for the final?
Speaker B :__________
A. Why don' t you go over the textbook before we discuss some questions?
B. What course of action do you want me to recommend?
C. I think it' s an excellent suggestion, I' 11 try my best.
D. The idea is not bad, yet I doubt if that would do my best.
4. W: Excuse me, do you have some change for a dollar?
A. Why do you want to change?
B. Is it my business?
C. Are dimes and quarters OK?
D. You shouldn' t ask a stranger for change.
5. Host: John, come and sit in the sofa. Dinner will be ready in a minute. Could I get you some- thing to drink?
A. No, don' t trouble, drunk enough.
B. No, you couldn' t, I' m not thirsty.
C. Yes, please. I' d like some Sprite.
D. Yes, you could, I'd like some Coca Cola.
6. Customer: I' m looking for a new living room set.
Salesman: We have a lot of very nice sets. What style do you have in mind?
Customer:__________what I need is something comfortable.
A. I really don' t know
B. It' s really not necessary
C. I really don' t bother
D. It really makes no sense
7. Speaker A: 911 Emergency.
Speaker B :__________
A. We need your help. Someone has broken into our house.
B. All right. Hurry up, I' m in hospital.
C. How much is the phone call?
D. May 1 speak to Dr. Wang, please?
8. Speaker A: I' d like to cash this traveler' s check, please?
Speaker B :__________
A. Do you want anything else?
B. How do you want it?
C. Do you have a deposit account?
D. How can I give it to you?
9. George: You' ve given us a wonderful Chinese dinner, Mrs. Wang.
A. Oh, I' m afraid I didn' t cook very well.
B. I' m glad you enjoyed it.
C. Come again when you are free.
D. It' s not necessary for you to say so.
10. Speaker A: Sam, I' m calling to say goodbye to you, as I' m leaving this afternoon.
Speaker B :__________
A. Look after yourself, and thank you for your calling.
B. Pay attention to your schedule. Don' t be late for the train.
C. Thank you and don' t forget to keep in touch with me.
D. Take care and I wish you a pleasant journey.
11.——It' s very kind of you to help me with my English.
A. Not at all.
B. Never mind.
C. That' s all right.
D. You' re so welcome.
12. W : Ray, aren' t you going straight home after school today?
A. Yes, I won' t be going home until Friday.
B. No. I have a class until one o' clock, and after that 1' m going to spend a couple of hours at the library before going home.
C. Yes. But I am afraid I have to stay for a few hours in the city library before going home.
D. Yes. If I were you, I wouldn' t go home directly.
13. Nancy: Have you heard about Dana? She is going to get married to Graham!
A. You' re kidding !
B. Congratulations !
C. Is it a real thing?
D. Good luck!
14. Speaker A: __________
Speaker B : It' s Saturday.
A. What date is it today?B. What' s the date?
C. What day is it today?D. What' s day?
15. Speaker A: It' s already late. I think I' d better go now. And thank you for the dinner.
A. OK. Please walk slowly.
B. Take care of yourself.
C. Won' t you stay for another cup of coffee?
D. It' s really late. Why not go now?
Part IReading Comprehension (30%)
Directions : There are 3 passages in this part. Each passage is followed by some questions or unfin-ished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A, B, C and D.You should de-cide on the best choice and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Passage 1(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：29838818)
Questions 1 to 5 are based on the following passage:
(76) Concerning money or anything else, conflicts between husband and wife usually reflect a power straggle. Conflicts between parent and child often center around the same issue. As children enter adolescence, they begin to demand greater freedom to go where they please, do what they please, and make decisions without parental interference. Many American parents do not know how to deal with their teenagers and seek advice from books, lectures, and parent training courses. Par-ents want to maintain a friendly relationship with their teenagers and also want to guide them so that their behavior will be whatever the parents consider proper and constructive.
But in a society of rapidly changing social and moral values, parents and children often disagree about what is important and what is fight.
(77) Arguments may concern such unimportant matters as styles of dress or hairdos. But quar-rels may also concern school work, after school jobs, decisions, use of the family car, dating, and sex behavior. Some families have serious problems with teenagers who drop out of school, run away from home, or use illegal drugs. Because so much publicity is given to the problem teenager,one gets the impression that all teenagers are troublemakers. Actually, relatively few adolescents do anything wrong, and nearly all grow up into "solid citizens" who fulfill most of their parents' ex-pectations. In fact, recent studies show that the "generation gap" is narrowing. The vast majority of teenagers share most of their parents' values and ideas. Many parents feel that they get along with their adolescents quite well.
1. According to the writer, conflicts between husband and wife usually reflect__________.
A. feeling of hatred
B. power struggle
C. that they don' t care for each other
D. that they may appeal to divorce
2. As children enter adolescents, they begin to do the following EXCEPT__________.
A. demanding greater freedom to go wherever they please
B. making decisions without parental interference
C. getting married whenever they please
D. doing what they please
3. "... generation gap is narrowing. "means__________.
A. the adolescents now become timid
B. parents come to get along with their children
C. the vast majority of teenagers share most of their parents' values and ideas
D. parents and teenager don' t like to quarrel
4. Parents and children often disagree about what is important or right because__________.
A. they have different styles of life
B. they hate each other
C. parents think that their children are troublemakers
D. they are in a society of rapidly changing social and moral values
5. When many American parents don' t know how to deal with their children they seek advice from the following EXCEPT__________.
B. parent-training courses
Questions 6 to 10 are based on the following passage:
Another thing an astronaut has to learn about is eating in space. Food is weightless, just as men are.
Food for space has to be packed in special ways. Some of it goes into tubes that a man can squeeze into his mouth. Bite-sized cookies are packed in plastic.
There is a good reason for covering each bite. The plastic keeps pieces of food from travelling in the spaceship. On the earth very small pieces of food would simply fall to the floor. But gravity doesn' t pull them to the floor when they are out of the plastic in a spaceship. (78) They move here and there and can get into a man' s eyes or into the spaceship' s instruments. If any of the instru-ments is blocked, the astronauts may have trouble getting safely home.
As astronauts travel on longer space trips, he must take time to sleep. An astronaut can fit himself to his seat with a kind of seat belt. Or, if he wants to, he can sleep in a sleeping bag which is fixed in place under his seat. But be careful he must put his hands under the belt when he goes to sleep. This is because he is really afraid that he might touch one of controls that isn' t supposed to be touched until later.
6. Why would astronauts cover each bite of food in space?
A. Because small pieces of food would fall down to the floor.
B. Because weightless pieces of food might make trouble when they travel around.
C. Because they haven' t enough food for longer trips.
D. Because astronauts don' t want to waste food.
7. In a spaceship, astronauts can__________.
A. walk just as they do on the earth
B. not eat anything because it' s dangerous
C. control the spaceship when they are sleeping
D. not litter small things or it will make trouble
8. In what way is food for space packed?
A. Very small pieces of food are put on the floor.
B. Some of it is put into tubes.
C. Small-sized cookies are packed in plastic.
D. Both B and C.
9. Why does an astronaut put his hand under his belt when he sleeps?
A. Because he thinks it is comfortable to sleep in that way in space.
B. Because he doesn' t want to touch any controls when he sleeps.
C. Because the instruments of the spaceship are easily broken.
D. Because he is afraid that the seat will move.
10. The best title of this article is__________.
A. Eating and Sleeping in Space
B. How Astronauts Eat in Space
C. Food for Space
D. How Astronauts Sleep in Space
Passage 3(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：29838818)
Questions 11 to 15 are based on the following passage:
The Chinese have used a method called acupuncture(针灸) to perform operations for about 4,000 years without putting the patient to sleep. This involves placing flexible needles into certain parts of the body. The needles are available in a number of stores in China and anyone may buy them.
To learn how to use the needles takes about one month of training. But to be skillful requires greater time. (79) The person who performs the acupuncture knows how to put in the needles so the needles themselves are not painful. This person also knows where to place the needles so the patient feels no pain in the area where the operation is to be performed. A particular operation might require 25 or more needles placed in various parts of the body. But now this operation re-quires only 3 or 4 needles.
Today, the Chinese doctors are trying to learn more about acupuncture. (80) They are trying to develop a convincing theory to explain how the needles work in preventing pain, or why a nee-dle in the wrist, for example, would prevent the pain in the area of the mouth.
A patient who needs an operation is given a choice between having acupuncture or having one of the chemicals used for putting him to sleep. It has been estimated that over half of the patients choose acupuncture because there is no sickness after the operation but the chemical may make the patient sick for a few hours or a day.
11. Acupuncture is__________.
A. a medical operation
B. a medical needle
C. a medical technique
D. a medical machine
12. Which statement is NOT true of the performer of acupuncture?
A. He knows where to place the needles without pain.
B. He knows where the operation is to be performed.
C. He knows how to perform the operation to cure the patient.
D. He knows how to use the needles in an operation.
13. To learn how to use the needles, it takes a person__________.
A. several months
B. a couple of weeks
C. a little time
D. almost one month
14. It can be learned from the passage that__________.
A. the person performing the acupuncture knows a lot about the making of needles
B. an operation now needs fewer needles than in the past
C. acupuncture has existed in China for as long as 2,000 years
D. few patients prefer acupuncture to chemicals
15. Which is implied but not stated in the passage?
A. The Chinese mainly use acupuncture to cure strange disease.
B. The Chinese are learning to be more skillful and efficient in acupuncture.
C. The Chinese have spread acupuncture all over the world.
D. Most Chinese patients prefer acupuncture to chemicals in curing diseases.
Part ⅡVocabulary and Structure (30%)
Directions: In this part there are 30 incomplete sentences.For each sentence there are four choices marked A.B, C and D. Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corre-sponding let'ter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
16. He didn' t fear new ideas, __________the future.
A. nor feared he
B. nor he did fear
C. nor did he fear
D. nor did fear he
17.__________is well known to all, China will be an advanced and powerful country in the near fu- ture.
18.__________a good thing they didn' t catch you.
A. That' s
B. There' s
C. It' s
D. What' s
19. We all feel sorry for__________ for so long after your arrival.
A. keep you waiting
B. having kept you waiting
C. waiting for you
D. keep you wait
20. There are four departments at this college,__________more than five hundred students.
A. with each have
B. each having
C. each of them have
D. with each is having
21. Sorry, I don' t know he is a friend of__________.
A. your brother
B. your brothers
C. your brother' s friend
D. your brother' s
22. When she was busy tidying the room, her little kid is always__________.
A. under way
B. on the way
C. in the way
D. by the way
23. Living in the central American desert has its problems, __________obtaining water is not the least.
A. of which
B. for what
24. Although__________ happened in that developed country sounds like science fiction, it could oc-cur elsewhere in the world.
25. The door over there needs__________.
C. has painted
26. You __________yesterday if you were really serious about the job.
A. ought to come
B. ought to be coming
C. ought to have come
D. ought have come
27. It wasnot until the accident happened__________.
A. when I became aware of my foolishness
B. when my foolishness became obvious
C. that did I realize my foolishness
D. that I became aware of my foolishness
28. As we know, physics __________ the science of energy.
29. The train __________of the station right on time.
B. pulled down
C. pulled on
D. pulled out
30. __________you say, he won't listen to you.
A. No matter where
B. No matter what
31. Where did you get your watch __________ ?
B. to repair
32. No sooner __________than he realized that he should have remained silent.
A. the words had spoken
B. had the words spoken
C. the words had been spoken
D. had the words been spoken
33. She is such a __________person, always asking how I' m feeling.
34. It is said that he __________a murder.
35. Only residents here enjoy the __________of using this parking lot.
36. Only 11 people __________the shipwreck.
A. survived after
B. survived through
C. were survived
37. Not a single word__________ all morning.
A. did he say
B. he said
C. said he
D. does he say
38. __________he will come or not is unknown.
39. He never let me __________when I need his support.
40. At the beginning of this term, our history professor __________a list of books for us to read.
A. passed on
B. handed in
C. fished out
D. made out
41. At first I thought that math problem would be rather difficult, but it __________to be fairly easy.
A. turned out
B. turned up
C. turned on
D. turned over
42. What he is__________is neither money nor fame, but the satisfaction of seeing his students grow up as builders of socialism.
A. in pursuit of
B. looking after
C. trying to do
43. There is an old saying which goes, "Never __________until tomorrow what you can do today. "
A. put aside
B. put up
C. put off
D. put away
44. He has__________ the army for ten years and is now an officer.
A. gone into
B. joined in
C. been in
D. come into
45. I am __________of the same old breakfast every morning.
A. worn out
Part ⅣIIdentification ( 10% )
Directions: Each of the following sentences has four underlined parts marked A, B, C and D. Identify the one that is not correct. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Part IVCloze ( 10 % )(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：29838818)
Directions: There are 20 blanks in the following passage, and for each blank there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D at the end of the passage. You should choose ONE answer that best fits into the passage. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Once upon a time a poor farmer taking a sack of wheat to the mill did not know56to do when it slipped from his horse and fell57the road. The sack was58heavy for him to59, and his only hope was that60some one would come riding by and61a hand.
It was not long62a rider appeared, but the farmer' s heart sank when he63him, for it was the great man who lived in a castle nearby. The farmer64have dared to ask65 farmer to help, or any poor man who might have come66the road, but he could not beg a 67of so great a man.68, as soon as the great man came up he got69his horse, say-ing "I see you' ve had bad luck, friend. How good it is70I' m here just at the71 time. "Then he took one72of the sack, the farmer the other, and between them they lifted it on the horse.
"Sir," asked the farmer, "how can I pay you?"
"Easily enough," the great man73 "Whenever you see74else in trouble,75 the same for him. "
56. A. how
57. A. on
58. A. so
59. A. pic
60. A. presently
61. A. lend
62. A. before
63. A. knew
54. A. ought
65. A. one
66. A. across
67. A. favor
68. A. Nevertheless
69. A. off
D. out of
70. A. when
71. A. exact
72. A. piece
73. A. referred
74. A. someone
75. A. make
Part VTranslation (20%)
Section A(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：29838818)
Directions: In this part there are 5 sentences which you should translate into Chinese. These sentences are all taken from the 3 passages you have just read in the part of Reading Comprehension. You can re-fer back to the passages so to identify their meanings in the context.
76. Concerning money or anything else, conflicts between husband and wife usually reflect a power struggle. ( Passage 1 )
77. Arguments may concern such unimportant matters as styles of dress or hairdos. ( Passage 1 )
78. They move here and there and can get into a man' s eyes or into the spaceship' s instruments. ( Passage 2 )
79. The person who performs the acupuncture knows how to put in the needles so the needles them- selves are not painful. (Passage 3)
80. They are trying to develop a convincing theory to explain how the needles work in preventing pain, or why a needle in the wrist, for example, would prevent the pain in the area of the mouth. ( Passage 3 )
Directions: In this part there are 5 sentences in Chinese. You should translate them into English. Be sure to write clearly.
Part VWriting ( 15 % )
Directions : For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic "On Friend-ship". You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the outline given in Chinese below :
Part I Dialogue Communication
Part IReading Comprehension
Part ⅡVocabulary and Structure
16．C本题考查倒装句的用法。英语中否定词或否定短语置于句首要用部分倒装(即否定词+助动词+主语+动词原形)，如neither，nor，not only，hardly，scarcely，not，never，on no account等。“nor”用在倒装句中表示“…也不…”。句意为：他不怕新思想，也不怕未来。
18．C本题考查“it”做形式主语的用法。在本句中，“it”是形式主语，真正的主语是“they didn’t catch you”。形式主语、形式宾语只能由“it”充当，其他词都不行。句意为：他们没逮住你，真是太好了。
22．C本题考查介词短语。in the way“妨碍，挡路”；under way“在进行中，发生”；on the way“在路上”；by the way“顺便说一下”。句意为：当她忙着打扫房间的时候，她的小孩总是给她捣乱。
25．B本题考查need的用法。need用作实义动词，后接动名词的主动表被动，或者接不定式的被动形式，即need doin9或need to be done，表示“某事需要被做”。所以选B。有类似用法的词还有want“需要”，require“要求”。句意为：那扇门需要粉刷一下。
26．C本题考查情态动词ought to的用法。ought t0之后接两种形式：0ught to do sth．“应该做某事(现在做或将来做)”；ought to have done“本应该做的却没做”。因题中出现了yesterday，并用了过去时，所以可推断该事已发生了，所以用ought to have done的形式。扩展：oughtn’t to have done“不应该做的却做了”。与0ught to用法相似的还有should等。句意为：如果你是认真地对待这份工作的话，你昨天应该来。
27．D本题考查强调句的用法。强调句的构成：it is(was)+被强调部分+that 4-句子。本句中被强调的部分是not until所引导的时间状语从句，后应用that来连接，其后的从句不用倒装。所以选D。句意为：直到事故发生了，我才意识到自己的愚蠢。
29．D本题考查动词短语。pull out“(火车等)离站”；pull down“拆毁”；其他短语不存在。句意为：火车正点驶出车站。
30．B本题考查连词的用法。no matter what=whatever“无论什么”；no maRer where“无论在哪”；however“无论多么，然而”；whichever“无论哪一个”。句意为：无论你说什么，他都不会听你的。
31．C本题考查get sth．done的结构。get sth．done“使某事被做”。“表”和“修理”之间存在被动关系，所以用repaired。get sb．to do sth．“让某人做某事”。句意为：你在哪修的表?
32．D本题考查no sooner…than…的结构。no sooner…than…“一…就…”，其中no sooner所在的句子多用过去完成时并部分倒装，所以选D。句意为：话刚说出来，他就意识到自己本该保持沉默的。
34．A本题考查动词辨析。commit“犯(错误、罪)；做(坏事)；犯(法)”，如commit a murder“杀人”，commit a crime“犯罪”；conduct“引导；实施；表现；为人”；execute“执行，实行，完成，处死”；emit“发出；发射”。句意为：据说他杀了人。
39．B本题考查动词搭配。let sb．down“让某人失望”；let sb．in“让某人进来”；let sb，off“让某人下车(船等)”；let sb．out“让某人出去”。句意为：当我需要他支持的时候．他决不会让我失望的。
40．D本题考查动词短语。make out a list“列出清单”；pass on“传递”；hand in“上交”：fishout“捕尽，探寻，掏出，捞出”。句意为：学期伊始，我们的历史教授便列出书日让我们读。
41．A本题考查动词搭配。turn out常与t0，that连用结果是…”；turn up“将(音量等)调高，出现”；turn on“打开(电器等)”；turn over“翻身”。句意为：最初我想数学题呵能会很难，结果却很简单。
42．A本题考查近义词组辨析。in pursuit of“追求，追逐”；look after“照顾，照料”；try to do“尽力做”；advocate“提倡，鼓吹”。句意为：他所追求的既不是名也不是利，而是满意地看着自己的学生长大成为社会主义的建设者。
43．C本题考查动词搭配。put off“推迟，拖延”；put aside“节省(钱、时间)，撇开，置之不理”；put up“举起，张贴”；put away“储存(钱)；储存…备用”。句意为：常言道：“不能把今天要做的事拖到明天。”
44．C本题考查动词短语和动词延续性。尽管join in the army也可表示“参军”，但它表示参军的动作，是短暂性的，不可以和一段时间连用。要与一段时问连用，就要采用“be+形容词或副词或介词短语”的形式。再如leave是短暂性动词，和一段时间连用要换成“be away”。句意为：他参军十年，现在是军官了。
45．B本题考查形容词近义词辨析。tired of“厌烦的”；WOrn out“疲惫不堪的”；ill“病的”；exhausted“疲惫的”。句意为：每天早上吃同样的饭，我都厌烦了。
47．A短语用法错误，应改为The number of。a number of“许多、大量的(修饰可数名词)”；the number of“…的数目”。“增长”的应是“物种的数目”，而不是“许多物种”，所以要用the number of。
48．A语态错误，应改为Having been rejected。主句主语the student是被everyone拒绝的，所以应用现在分词的被动语态做状语。
51．C引导词错误，应改为what。表示看法应用“what you tllink of”。
52．A倒装句用法错误，应改为did we lose。not only放在句首，所在分句应使用部分倒装。
53．B名词单复数错误，应改为kind of persons。主语scientists是复数，其表语也应是相应的persons。由于scientists只是一类人，kind用单数就行了。
55．D短语用法错误，应改为a。at a time“一次，每次”；at one time“曾经”。本句表示一次吃一片药，而不是曾经吃一片药。
56．B“该怎么办”应说“did not know what to do”或“did not know how to do it”。
57．D onto“到…之上”，强调位置的变化过程；而on意为“在…之上”，单纯表示位置；off表示“从…上掉下来”。农民的小麦掉到地面上，当然用“fell onto the road”。
59．B lift表示“抬起，举起”；pick是“采摘”的意思；pick up表示“拾起，捡起”；take“带走”。小麦袋子太重了，农民无法抬起来，所以用lift。
61．A lend a hand固定搭配，“帮个忙”。
62．A it was not long before…“没过多久就…”。农民刚想完没过多久就来了一个骑马的人。
64．C本句使用了虚拟语气，提出与过去事实相反的假设，主句用would have done。意思是如果来人不是大人物，而是另外一个农民的话，他就敢寻求帮助了。
67．A beg(ask for)a favor of固定搭配，“请求某人帮助”。
69．A get off“下车、下飞机、下马等”。
71．C at the fight time“在恰当的时候”，指来得正是时候(需要帮忙的时候)。at the same time“同时”；at the exact time强调“准时，分秒不差”；at the good time“在大好时机”。
72．B end“…的一头”，如烟头the end of a cigarette。本句中指两人分别抓住一头，将袋子抬上马背。part“一部分”；edge“边缘”。
74．C anyone else其他任何人，在否定、疑问和条件句中要用anyone，不用someone。
75．C do the same thing固定搭配，“做(和我)同样的事情”，此句中指助人为乐。由此揭示出为什么称之为“great man”。
Part V Translation
81. I meant to give you this book today, but I forgot.
82. It is that tree that saved their lives in the flood.
83. I met John when I was running to the station.
84. The farmers' living standard has been improving in recent years.
85. In a word, the real poet is a master of words.
As the saying goes, "A friend in need is a friend indeed. " Friendship does not depend on how
many friends you have, but on how much sincerity your friends can offer. Most of the people we share social associations with are, as a matter of fact, merely acquaintances. True friendship in-volves mutual understanding and mutual support, both in moments of success and on occasions of failure. A true friend is one who not only shares your happiness, but your sorrow and responsibili-ties as well.
True friendship is always established on mutual devotion, just as love is. Only in this way can you find that your friends will never let you down, and that your friendship can last forever.