来源：湖北成考网 www.hbckw.com 【湖北成考网：湖北成人高考第一门户】
Part Ⅰ Dialogue Communication ( 15 % )
Directions: In this section, you will read 15 short incomplete dialogues between two speakers, ench followed by 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the answer that best suits the situation to complete the dialogue by marking the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
1. Shop assistant: Good morning. Can I help you?
Customer. . I' m just looking around.
A. No, you can' t
B. Not at the moment, thanks
C. Yes, please
D. Yes, thank you
2. W: What' s up with Donald? I've never seen him so happy.
A. The weather is fine. Maybe he' s suffering from cold.
B. His supervisor gave performance evaluation this morning.
C. Perhaps he was reading some novels.
D. That' s beyond me. I can' t guess what was happening with Donald.
3. Speaker A: Could we have the honor of your presence at the party?
Speaker B :
A. I fully appreciate your invitation.
B. Sorry, I can' t take it.
C. I think it won' t be necessary.
D. I' d love to, but I have a prior appointment.
4. W: May I see your driving license(驾照) and vehicle registration card( 登记证), please?
A. OK. But I was driving at 60 miles per hour.
B. Sorry, please don' t write me a ticket.
C. Sure. Did I do anything wrong?
D. Yes. But I don' t think I' m a bad driver.
5. W: Look at this pink watch. It looks great, doesn' t it? And it' s only $ 20.
A. It' s only twenty dollars. God knows it.
B. I don' t want to look at it. After all, it' s a watch.
C. The price is good. But I want to buy a more expensive watch.
D. How is it possible that a watch only cost us $ 20?
Walter: I'm sorry. Didn't you order fried shrimp( 虾子) ?
Customer: I ordered fried chicken.
Walter: Oh, all I heard was fried shrimp. Let me have kitchen redo this for you.
A. Sorry, this isn't my dish.
B. Excuse me, this isn' t what I paid for.
C. Sorry, this isn' t my order.
D. Excuse me, this isn' t what I ordered.
7. W: Have you decided what to give your son for Christmas yet?
A. I don' t know Christmas is coming to us.
B. Oh, sorry, haven' t yet. It' s a hard decision to make.
C. You know, she has to decide it herself.
D. You know, not every Chinese considers Christmas as a serious holiday.
8. Tom: This is my schoolmate, Mary, and this is my girl friend, Susan.
Susan: How do you do!
A. How are you?
B. How do you do!
C. Fine, thank you.
D. Everything is fine.
9. Bob: Do you mind if I play some music?
Lily: . I' m writing my assignment.
A. Not at all
B. Of course I would
C. Of Course not
10. Speaker A: I' m really grateful(感谢的) to you.
Speaker B :
A. Not at all.
B. Think nothing of it.
C. Sure thing.
D. It' s been a pleasure.
11. —— Shall I use your dictionary?
A. Of course, you can.
B. Certain, you may.
C. Surely, you can' t.
D. No, please get out.
12. W: Has the latest Time Magazine arrived yet? Today' s already Tuesday.
A. Today' s already Monday. But it hasn' t arrived yet.
B. Sorry, it' s late. Probably not till the day after tomorrow.
C. It may arrive on Wednesday.
D. Time Magazine, so far as I know, is the most popular for us New Yorkers.
13. Phone caller: Hello. Could I speak to Helen?
B. I am Helen.
C. It' s me.
D. This is me.
14. Speaker A: How is everything going with you?
Speaker B :
A. The same to you.
B. All the pleasure is mine.
C. OK, I guess.
D. I' m fine. Thank you.
15. John: Dear Tom, why don' t you come on holiday with us?
A. That' s very kind of you. I' d love to.
B. How dare you invite me? I won' t go.
C. Yeah, thanks anyway.
D. Whether I' ll go or not is not your business, OK?
Part Ⅰ Reading Comprehension (30 % )(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：29838818)
Directions : There are 3 passages in this part. Each passage is followed by some questions or unfin-ished statements. For each of them there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. You should de-cide on the best choice and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Questions 1 to 5 are based on the following passage:
England is not a big country: from north to south and from east to west it is only about three hundred miles across. (76) But for a small country .it has a surprising range of climate. People who have never visited England, or who have visited only one part of it, often make the mistake of thinking that it is a cold and wet country. Except for the summer months of June to September, this is probably true of the north of England and the Midlands, In the south, however, the climate is much more pleasant. One result is that when people retire from a job in the north they often prefer to move down to the milder south.
Perhaps the warmest part of the country is the southwest, which consists of the counties of Devon and Cornwall. The warm Gulf Stream flows across the North Atlantic Ocean from the Gulf of Mexico and makes the coastal regions of the southwest quite warm. Palm trees, bamboo (竹) and many semi-tropical ( 亚热带的 ) plants grow well in the southwest of England. Flowers and vegetables ripen (成熟) as much as a month earlier than those elsewhere. Farmers in the area obtain a higher price for their vegetables and flowers because they are ready earlier. (77) In winter there may be several feet of snow in other parts of England but there will probably be no snow at all in the southwest. This may be one of the reasons why the southwest is one of England' s most popular holiday areas.
1. The distance from the center of England to the south coast is about
A. one hundred miles
B. three hundred miles
C. one hundred and fifty miles
D. six hundred miles
2. England is a country
A. with a cold and wet climate
B. with a surprising climate
C. with a pleasant climate
D. with a variety of climates
3. According to the passage,
A. flowers and vegetables from Devon are on the market one month earlier
B. farmers in the southwest grow as many vegetables and flowers as farmers elsewhere
C. people in the southwest have to pay a higher price for vegetables and flowers
D. vegetables in Cornwall ripen as much as a month earlier than flowers
4. In the north of England and the Midlands,
A. it is cold and wet all the year round
B. the climate is pleasant as a whole
C. it is warm most of the time in a year
D. only the summer is not cold or wet
5. In winter, people in Devon and Cornwall
A. seldom see snow
B. never see any snow
C. may have several feet of snow
D. often see snow
Questions 6 to 10 are based on the following passage :
How can we get rid of garbage? Do we have enough energy sources to meet our future energy needs?
These are two important questions that many people are asking today. Some people think that man might be able to solve both problems at the same time. They suggest using garbage as an energy source, and at the same time it can save the land to hold garbage.
For a long time, people buried garbage or dumped (倾倒) it on empty land. Now, empty land is scarce. But more and more garbage is produced each year. However, garbage can be a good fuel to use. The things in garbage do not look like coal, petroleum, or natural gas; but they are chemically similar to these fossil (化石) fuels. As we use up our fossil fuel supplies, we might be able to use garbage as an energy source.
Burning garbage is not a new idea. Some cities in Europe and the United States have been
burning garbage for years. (78) The heat that is produced by burning garbage is used to boil wa-
ter. The steam that is produced is used to make electricity or to heat nearby buildings. In Paris,
France, some power plants burn almost 2 million metric tons of the cities garbage each year. The
amount of energy produced is about the same as would be produced by burning almost a half mil- lion barrels of oil.
Our fossil fuel supplies are limited. (79) Burning garbage might be one kind of energy source that we can use to help meet our energy needs. This method could also reduce the amount of gar-bage piling up on the earth.
6. What two problems can man solve by burning garbage?
A. The shortage of energy and air pollution.
B. The shortage of energy and the land to hold garbage.
C. Air pollution and the shortage of fossil fuel.
D. Air pollution and the shortage of land to hold garbage.
7. Which of the following is not the result of burning garbage?
A. The garbage burned is turned into fossil fuels.
B. The heat produced is used to boil water.
C. The steam produced is used to make electricity.
D. The steam produced is used to heat buildings.
8. According to the passage which of the following is NOT true?
A. About 2 million metric tons of garbage is burned in some power plants in Pads, France each year.
B. In a modem society, more and more garbage is produced each year.
C. Using garbage is a good way to solve the problem of energy shortage.
D. It will be too expensive to use garbage as an energy source.
9.What is the author's attitude?
10. The best title for the passage may be
A. Garbage and the Earth
B. Fossil Fuel and Garbage
C. Land and Garbage
D. Garbage--Energy Source
Passage 3(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：29838818)
Questions 11 to 15 are based on the following passage:
Fire can help people in many ways. But it can be very dangerous. Fire can heat water, warm houses, give light and cook. But fire can bum things, too. It can bum trees, houses, animals or people. Sometimes big fires can bum forests.
Nobody knows for sure how people began to use fire. But there are many interesting stories about the first time a man or a woman started a fire. One story from Australia tells about a man very, very long time ago. He went up to the sun by a rope (绳子) and brought fire down.
Today people know how to make a fire with matches (火柴) . Children sometimes like to
play with them. But matches can be very dangerous. One match can bum a piece of paper and then it might burn a house. A small fire can become a big fire very fast. Fire kills many people every year. So you must be careful with matches. You should also learn to put out fires. (80) Fires need oxygen(氧气). Without oxygen they will die. Cover a fire with water, sand, or sometimes with your coat. This keeps the air away from a fire and kills it. Be careful with fire, and it will help
you. Be careless with fire, and it will burn you.
11. How did people begin to use fire?
A. Not everybody knows how people began to use fire.
B. Nobody knows how to make a fire.
C. It is an Australian who started a fire.
D. We are not sure how people began to use fire.
12. Children mustn' t play with matches because
A. matches burn paper
B. it isn' t interesting
C. they can be dangerous
D. they can burn a house
13. When you are going to put out a fire, you
A. must be careful
B. should keep air away from it
C. must know it is dangerous
D. should cover it with water
14. We must be careful with fire, or it
A. will die
B. will warm our houses
C. might burn us
D. won' t help us
15. Which of the following is the main idea of this passage?
A. Fire can help people in many ways.
B. Fire can be both helpful and dangerous.
C. Fire can burn things and people.
D. We must be careful with matches.
Part 11 Vocabulary and Structure (30 % )
Directions: In this part there are 30 incomplete sentences. For each sentence there are four choices marked A,B, C and D. Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corre- sponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
16. The famous novel is said into Chinese.
A. to have translated
B. to be translate
C. to have been translated
D. to translate
17. That' s the reason Ann could not do her part of the job.
18. Consumers should do than simply complain about the poor quality of goods.
A. much less
B. some more
C. far less
D. far more
19. It is necessary that we have a good command of English at college.
B. have to
D. ought to
20. The noise was so that only those with excellent hearing were aware of it.
21. If he refuses to my plan, I can probably find someone more cooperative.
A. put up with
B. fall in with
C. do away .with
D. get along with
22. Her skirt had been so in packing that she had to iron it before going out.
23. Even if they are on sale, these refrigerators are equal in price to, if not more expensive than,
at the other store.
B. the others
D. the ones
24. These plastic flowers look so that many people think they are real.
25. The most important of his speech was that we should all work whole-heartedly for the people.
26. It has always been the of our firm to encourage workers to take part in social activities.
27. I remember her face but I cannot where I met her.
28. It is difficult for us to explain phenomena that we have little or direct knowledge.
A. no any
29. A completely new situation is likely to when the school leaving age is raised to 16.
30. The illness from which Mary is suffering has now been as hepatitis( 肝火).
31. Leading cadres launch rectification campaigns at regular to hear the masses' views.
32. the traffic jam, we would have caught our train.
A. But for
B. Because of
C. By means of
D. Due to
33. Vitamins do not provide energy, nor do they construct or build any part of the body. They are
needed for foods into energy and body maintenance.
34. There were many people present and he appeared only for a few seconds, so I only caught a
35. Anyone breaking the rules will be asked to leave
A. at the spot
B. on the spot
C. for the spot
D. in the spot
PartⅢ Identification ( 10 % )
Directions: Each of the following sentences has four underlined parts marked A, B, C and D. Identify the one that is not correct. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Part Ⅳ Cloze (10%)(成人高考更多完整资料免费提供加 微信/QQ：29838818)
Directions: There are 20 blanks in the following passage, and for each blank there are 4 choices
marked A, B, C and D at the end of the passage. You should choose ONE answer that best fits into the passage. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Music comes in many forms; most countries have a style of their own. 56 the turn of the century when jazz was born, America had no prominent 57 of its own. No one knows exactly when jazz was 58 , or by whom. But it began to be 59 in the early 1900s. Jazz is America's contribution to 60 music. In contrast to classical music, which 61 formal European traditions, jazz is spontaneous and free in form. It bubbles with energy, 62 the moods, interests, and emotions of the people. In the 1920s jazz. 63 like America, and 64 it does to-day. The 65 of this music are as interesting as the music 66 American negroes, or blacks, as they are called today, were the jazz 67 . They were brought to Southern States 68 slaves. They were sold to plantation owners and forced to work long 69 When a Negro died his friends and relatives 70 a procession to carry the body to the cemetery. In New Orleans, a band often accompanied the 71 On the way to the cemetery the band played slow, solemn music suited to the occasion. 72 on the way home the mood changed. Spirits lifted. Death had removed one of their 73, but the living were glad to believe. The band played 74 music, improvising(即兴表演) on both the harmony and the melody of the tunes 75 at the funeral. This music made everyone want to dance. It was an early form of jazz.
56. A. By B. At C. In D. On
57. A. music B. song C. melody D. style
58. A. discovered B. acted C. invented D. designed
59. A. noticed B. found C. listened D. heard
60. A. classical B. sacred C. popular D. light
61. A. forms B. follows C. approaches D. introduces
62. A. expressing B. explaining C. exposing D. illustrating
63. A. appeared B. felt C. seemed D. sounded
64. A. as B. so C. either D. neither
65. A. origins B. originals C. discoveries D. resources
66. A. concerned B. itself C. available D, oneself
67. A. players B. followers C. fans D. pioneers
68. A. for B. as C. with D. by
69. A. months B. weeks C. hours D. times
70. A. demonstrated B. composed C. hosted D. formed
71. A. demonstration B. procession C. body D. march
72. A. Even B. Therefore C. Furthermore D. But
73. A. number B. members C. body D. relations
74. A. sad B. solemn C. happy D, funeral
75. A. whistled B. sung C. presented D. showed
Part V Translation (20 % )
Directions: In this part there are 5 sentences which you should translate into Chinese. These sentences are all taken from the 3 passages you have just read in the part of Reading Comprehension. You can refer back to the passages so to identify their meanings in the context.
76. But for a small country it has a surprising range of climate. ( Passage 1 )
77. In winter there may be several feet of snow in other parts of England but there will probably be no snow at all in the southwest. (Passage 1 )
78. The heat that is produced by burning garbage is used to boil water. (Passage 2 )
79. Burning garbage might be one kind of energy source that we can use to help meet our energy needs. ( Passage 2 )
80. Fires need oxygen (氧气). Without oxygen they will die. Cover a fire with water, sand, or sometimes with your coat. ( Passage 3 )
Directions: In this part there are 5 sentences in Chinese. You should translate them into English. Be sure to write clearly.
Part V Writing ( 15% )
Directions: For this part, you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic "How I Finance My College Education". You should write at least 120 words, and base your composition on the outline given in Chinese below:
1．上大学的费用(tuition and fees)可以通过多种途径解决；
Part I Dialogue Communication
Part I Reading Comprehension
2．D事实细节题。文章第二句提到英格兰气候有“a surprising range”，意即气候多种多样，让人惊奇。
PartⅡ Vocabulary and Structure
16．C本题考查不定式的用法。不定式也有主动语态和被动语态：即to do和to be done；不定式有三种时态：即to do(表将来)，to be doing(表正在进行)和to have done(表不定式的
动作先于谓语动词的动作发生)。因为“the famous novel”是被翻译的，所以不定式要用被动语态；又因为是先被翻译而后据说的，所以用不定式的完成时。句意为：这部著名的小说据说已被翻译成汉语。
17．D本题考查定语从句中关系词的用法。the reason why…“…的原因”。当reason做先行词时，要根据定语从句的成分选择关系词：如定语从句中缺少主语或宾语，关系词一般用that或which；如定语从句中不缺少主语或宾语，那么就要用why来引导。句意为：那就是安没能完成她那份工作的原因。
18．D本题考查比较级的用法。四个选项都是“程度副词+比较级”的形式，并且单从语法的角度来看都是正确的：much less“少得多”；some more“再多一些”；far less“少得多=much less”；far more“多得多，远不止…”，那么就应从句意来判断应选哪个。句意为：消费者应该做的远远不止是抱怨产品质量不好。所以选D。
19．C本题考查虚拟语气的用法。It is necessary／important that…“做…是必要(重要)的”，从句中用虚拟语气，其构成是should+动词原形，should可省。句意为：我们在大学时期掌握好英语是必要的。
20．C本题考查形容词辨析。faint“(声音、光线等)模糊的，微弱的”；dim“(尤指光线)暗淡的，模糊的”；soft“温柔的，柔和的”，与rough相对；gentle“温和的，文雅的”，强调“对于力量的克制”，并含有“使人感觉愉快舒适”之意，如：She is gentle in touch，manner，and voice．她在气质、态度、声调方面都温柔和蔼。句意为：那声音太微弱了，只有听力非常好的人才能察觉到。
21．B本题考查动词短语辨析。fall in with“偶遇，同意”；put up with“忍受，容忍”；do away with“废除，弄死”；get along with“相处，进展”。句意为：如果他不同意我的计划，我能找到更愿合作的人。
22．D本题考查形容词辨析。crushed“弄皱的；起皱的”；faded“褪色的，凋谢的”；torn“撕碎的”；dirty“弄脏的”。从“packing(打包；装箱)”和“she had to iron it”可判断出衣服是被弄皱了，所以选D。句意为：她的裙子在装箱时被弄皱了，她出门前不得不熨一熨。
23．D本题考查不定代词的用法。the ones用来代替前面提到的同类复数名词，在本句中指代refrigerators。anyone“任何一个”；the others“另外一些，剩余的一些”，有范围，常和some连用，表示“一些…，另一些…”；that代替前面所提到的单数名词。句意为：如果不会再贵一点的话，即使是打折销售，这家店的冰箱价格也只是跟另一家一样。
31．B本题考查名词辨析。at regular intervals“每隔一段时间”，固定搭配；interaction“互相作用，互相影响”；interruption“中断，打断”；interpretation“解释，阐明，口译”。句意为：主要领导干部每隔一段时间搞一次整顿运动以听取群众的意见。
32．A本题考查虚拟语气的用法。but for+名词／代词表示“要不是因为…”，提出与事实相反的假设，相当于一个条件状语从句，所在句子常用虚拟语气。其他的结构都不用虚拟语气。从主句“we would have caught our train”可判断，该句使用了虚拟语气，所以选A。句意为：要不是由于堵车，我们就赶上火车了。
34．B本题考查名词辨析。catch a glimpse of“瞥见”，固定短语；sight也与catch搭配，但只说catch sight of，意思是“发现，看出”，不能表示短暂性地看。其余两词都不和catch搭配。句意为：有很多人在场，他只出现了几秒钟，所以我只是瞥见他一眼。
35．B本题考查固定搭配。on the spot“在现场，当场”，固定短语，其他选项的结构都不存在。句意为：任何人违反规则都要当场离开。
46．B 主谓搭配错误，应改为am。either…or…结构中的谓语搭配采用就近原则。类似的还有not only…but also．．．；neither…nor…等结构。
49．D不定式用法错误，应改为to know how。know how to do sth．表示“知道怎样去做…”。
know之后往往不直接接to do sth．，而是采用“疑问词+不定式”的形式。类似的还有learn(学习)。
50．A句法结构错误，应改为has made it possible。动词make在原句中的真正宾语是“for people to know what is going on all over the world”，由于宾语较长，而宾语补足语possible较短，为了保持句子的平衡，习惯上要把真正宾语置后，而动词后加it来做形式宾语。
51．B连词错误，应改为as if。习惯上seem之后的表语从句用that或as if来引导，表示“看起来像是…，看起来仿佛是…”。
Part IV Cloze
56．B at the turn of the century“在世纪之交”，固定搭配。
60．C正如下文所提到的，爵士乐是与classical music(古典音乐)相对的。爵士乐(jazz)是一种自由轻松的音乐形式，因此应是流行音乐(popular music)的一种。
Part V Translation
81．It is reported that the building of the railway came to a stop because of the flood．
82．However，there are still thousands of young people who are hard to find a job in that country．
83. He is afraid of criticism. It is not easy to make him realize his own mistakes.
84. She treats us very well, as if we were her brothers.
85. He can' t believe what happened before his eyes.
Part V Writing
How I Finance My College Education
It is a fact that college is becoming more and more expensive and college life is becoming especially hard for the students who were born in needy families. However, there are several ways in which these students can cover their tuition that their parents are not able to afford. Finding a part-time job, for example, is an ideal way. Besides, one can ask the bank for a loan and repay it when he has the ability. Finally, one can seek assistance from the society.
For me, earning tuition by doing part-time jobs is the most suitable way. First, I learn to be
independent both mentally and economically in this way. Apart from this, I no longer need to worry my parents with so heavy a burden. Finally, since I earn my own living, I will be more confident with myself and, therefore, I can live a busy but meaningful college life.